This virtual connection types provides an interface to up to 64 outgoing webhook targets. By using these targets, you can trigger outgoing HTTP calls and pass data to the server.
On the Targets tab, double-click a target to edit its settings:
- Method: BTConnect supports the following methods/protocols for the
outgoing HTTP call:
- Raw requests:
- HTTP GET
- HTTP POST (application/x-www-form-urlencoded)
- HTTP POST (multipart/form-data)
- HTTP POST (raw)
- HTTP PUT
- HTTP DELETE
- Microsoft Teams
- Raw requests:
- Auth User and Auth Password: Enter optional credentials used for HTTP Basic authentication.
- Query Parameters (HTTP GET and HTTP POST urlencoded or form-data): Enter pairs of keys and values to be used as query parameters. Use the cursor-down key to add additional rows to the table.
- Content Type (HTTP POST raw and HTTP PUT):
Select value for the
Content-Typeheader of the HTTP request, or enter it manually in the text field next to the dropdown box. When using
application/json, the body must be a valid JSON document.
- Destination (Mattermost only): Enter an optional channel or @user name to send to; this must be enabled in the Webhook configuration in Mattermost, otherwise the message will be sent to the default channel set for the Webhook.
- Payload (HTTP POST raw, HTTP PUT, Slack, Teams, Mattermost): Enter value for the HTTP body, or the message text (for Slack, Teams and Mattermost).
Query parameters and payload (including all string parts of a JSON document when using
application/json content) can contain any of the variables available
for notification connections.
For HTTP POST (application/x-www-form-urlencoded) only, files can be uploaded by
file:<local filename> as a parameter value. The filename may contain
variables as well.
The settings of a target can be duplicated to another target by using the Copy/Paste commands from the context menu.
Each notification target is represented by a write-only string parameter
When using the Protocol Converter to trigger the target, other parameter types than string will be automatically converted.